- ARL actively recruits under-represented groups for employment, graduate assistantships, co-op employment, Engineering/Math/Computer Science Honors Program, ONR High School Intern Program and places recruitment advertisements in national publications including: U.S. Black Engineer, Hispanic Engineer, Winds of Change, The Affirmative Action Register, and Journal of the National Technical Assc.
- ARL distributes information to employees regarding the University's commitment to developing a culturally diverse workforce and provides programs on diversity to all ARL faculty, staff, and students.
- ARL has established two Diversity Fellowships.
Prior PSU and ARL Initiatives
- 2006 ARL Framework to Foster Diversity Narrative (Word Doc)
- A Framework to Foster Diversity at Penn State:2004-2009
- PSU Framework Review Team Final Comments, Research and Graduate School, 2003 (PDF)
- Feedback on Progress Implementing a Framework to Foster Diversity at Penn State: 1998-2003 for the Research and the Graduate Schools (PDF)
- Revised Reports on Progress Implementing A Framework to Foster Diversity at Penn State: 1998-2003 for the Research and the Graduate School (PDF)
- Final ARL Progress Report on Implementing a Framework to Foster Diversity at Penn State, 1998-2003 Reporting Period December 2001-December 2003 (Word)
ARL is a corporate member of the Black Engineer of the Year Awards Conference sponsored by the Council of Engineering Deans of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU). Other Faculty/Staff memberships on committees that promote diversity include:
- Commission for Women
- Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity (CORED)
- Forum on Black Affairs
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- PSU Faculty Senate
- Penn State Alumni Council
- Research & Graduate School Diversity Council
- Society for Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Staff Advisory Committee
- Women in Science & Engineering